Code of conduct
Aaltronav (the “Company”) believes in equal opportunity and we do not discriminate, neither directly nor indirectly on grounds of age, ethnic background, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, religious belief or lack thereof, political opinion or affiliation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The Company expects its staff and personnel to be scrupulously impartial and honest in all affairs relating to the Company and their role within it. All personnel bear a responsibility to act as ambassadors for the Company in terms of their general conduct both within and outside the organisation.
This policy outlines those responsibilities:
- to be ready and willing to work
- to take reasonable care in the exercise of our services, including the duty to be competent at work and to take care of the Company’s and client’s property
- to conduct oneself in a manner that aims to ensure one’s own safety and that of others in the workplace
- to report any safety-related information.
- to not wilfully disrupt the Company’s or client’s business
- to be of good faith and not to do anything to harm the trust and confidence necessary for employment
- to account for all benefits—monetary or in kind—received in the course of employment
- to not give or receive bribes or otherwise act corruptly and to comply with the anti-corruption laws of the work jurisdiction
- to respect the Company’s and client’s confidentiality in business affairs, specifically:
- to treat as confidential, and not disclose to any third party, any unpublished information relating to the Company’s or client’s technology, know-how, business plans or finances
- to treat as confidential, and not disclose to any third party, any unpublished information relating to the client’s work locations, systems and equipment, technical project information or data.
Reporting of all accidents, incidents, events, hazards, risks and other information that may compromise the safe conduct of our operations is free of any form of reprisal.
The purpose of reporting is risk control and accident and incident prevention, not the attribution of blame. No action will be taken against any member of staff who discloses a safety concern through the reporting system, unless such disclosure reveals, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures, including this code of conduct.
Our method for collecting, recording and disseminating safety information guarantees the protection, to the maximum extent permissible by law, of the identity of those who report safety information.